The closer you get to the start of the upcoming growing season, the more important it is to consider and evaluate your management decisions. You should have a plan in place from Day 1.
Our Approach to Driving Yield
Increasing yield potential doesn't just happen in the lab. It’s the combination of plant breeding, biotechnology and agronomic solutions farmers employ that helps sustainably drive yield.
When making management decisions for the upcoming growing season, make sure to:
- Choose the right soybean product, including advanced genetics and traits such as Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® Soybeans.
- Plant at the optimum time for your geography, not after all the corn is planted.
- Optimize fertility.
- Maximize canopy development.
- Minimize stress.
How a HYM Approach Performed in Field Trials
Keys to Success
Higher yield soybean environments appear to make High Yield Management (HYM) practices more profitable compared to lower yielding areas. Wherever you’re located, a minimum core HYM system should include:
- Selecting the right product (germplasm + trait)
- Adding a seed treatment like Acceleron® Seed Treatment Products
- Early planting
- Using residual herbicides
- Applying a fungicide and insecticide at R3 growth stage
Evaluate different practices on a local level to continue improving your soybean yield potential. Get a customized recommendation from Roundup Ready PLUS® Crop Management Solutions.